Why the program?
CSA Institute (Climate Smart Agriculture) is a program designed and led by experts to educate and equip youths and women with climate smart practices to foster a site-specific and integrated approach to managing croplands, livestock, forests and fisheries.
- Online and field practical sessions
- Farm tour for each cohort for real-life experience
- Access to mentorship with industry experts in Agriculture and AgriTech sector
- Business strategy sessions with industry experts
- Quarterly hangouts/summits with industry leaders to connect the participants with job/internship opportunities, mentorship support and funding opportunities
- “MyFarmbase Africa is changing lives, changing narratives, and killing the stereotypic notion of non-attractiveness of agriculture to youths. I learnt how I can achieve SDGs in my farm by modifying my system of production, and increasing productivity while maintaining a safe environment” – Alomaja Adesewa
- “I learnt about best practices in climate smart farming including technological innovation available for all-year round urban farming” – Ekea Chidi-Ikpo
- “The training was a real eye-opener for me because I learned from experts that the business I thought required huge capital, only required a small capital to start, then grow big. I also learnt how to maximise yield and profit from a small plot of land” – Nnenna Juliet.