Deadline: Sunday, 6th October, 2019
Application is open for AgriTech Lab 2.0. AgriTech Lab is a cohort-based, modular and immersive in-class/field course that leverages blended learning to provide Ag-tech skills and education to foster youth inclusion in Agriculture sector, job creation and increasing rate of youth-led Agribusinesses in Nigeria.
The project was launched in 2018 against the backdrop of high youth unemployment as a youth empowerment programme in Nigeria and has since be executed in 2 states with over 200 youths participating in the programme.
30 youths will be equipped with Ag-tech skills to take advantage of job/entrepreneurial opportunities in Agriculture and also provided with mentorship, internship placements and job opportunities.
What will you learn?
1. Blockchain Commodity Trading: This is primarily focused on learning about innovative ways of trading agriculture commodities in Nigeria leveraging blockchain technology. This course essentially prepares participants to become Blockchain Commodity trader accruing the opportunities within that ecosystem to him or herself.
2. Soilless Farming: This is essentially focused on practical field learning of Soilless farming technologies from experts who have successfully built soilless farming companies and this will also prepare a participant to be a soilless farmer.
3. Agriculture Marketing: Selling of Agriculture products is an art and deserves to be learnt from professionals. Agriculture products like machines, PPE equipment, inputs amongst others are in high demand and the art of selling them to make profits is what this course is about. It prepares participants to be an Agricultural Marketer.
4. Greenhouse Farming: Greenhouse have properties like Soilless Farming but they are different and most large scale companies leverage this innovation to grow perishable crops on a large scale. This makes this job role continue to be in high demand. This course essentially prepares one to be a Greenhouse farmer.
5. Farm Management: Agronomist and Farm Managers are in high demand because this is the foundation of Agriculture business. This course is designed to equip participants with the skills, knowledge and experience of different Agriculture valuechain in a bid to access quality projects and jobs in the Production part of the valuechain.
1. A modular and immersive in-class course
2. Practical Field Training
3. One-month mentor-ship with AgriTech experts
4. Internship placements for participants
Who can apply?
1. Unemployed graduates within the 1- 5 year graduation window and students of higher institutions from 200 level to postgraduate level.
2. Young professionals working independently in various value chain in Agriculture such as input supply, production, storage and processing, marketing/distribution and packaging.
Venue: Lagos and Abeokuta
Training Fee: #10,000 (Covers for Logistics and Certificates). Interestingly, we are offering a 50% discount for the first 15 persons to register before 5th October, 2019. So, the price is currently N 5,000.
Dates: 1-Month Programme
Online Session: October 5, 2019
Physical Class 1: October 12, 2019 in Lagos
Online Session: October 19, 2019
Physical Class 2: October 26, 2019 in Abeokuta
How to Register
1. Kindly fill this form shortly
2. Make payment and send “Registered” and payment screenshot on WhatsApp to 08068306812
3. Once your payment is confirmed, you will be added to a WhatsApp group
Account Number: 1015885761
Account Name: MyFarmbase Enterprise
Bank: Zenith Bank
Make payment via paystack
Please call 08137365526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com